On-line Application Procedure
· Go to website www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert
· Look toward the middle of the page for the box and hit enter
· Click ‘Continue’ located at the lower right of the page
· Read instructions/tips on this page. Click ‘Continue’ located at lower right of the page
· Read this page and click ‘Continue’ located at lower right of the page
· Read this page and click ‘Self Register Now’ to begin the registration process
· Remember to write down your preferred used id and password for your records
· After creating your account, log in and go to “Apply for Certificate”
· TEACHERS – Choose Classroom Teacher and follow process for certificate needed
· CAREER & TECH ED TEACHERS – Choose CTE Teacher and follow process for certificate needed
· TEACHER ASSISTANTS – Choose “Other School Service” – Teacher Assistant – PreK-12 Grades – Teaching Assistant – Level (needed). NOTE: All Teacher Assistants must start at Level 1.
· COACHES – Choose “Other School Service” – Coaching – Adolescent 7-12 – Sport you are coaching – and then the appropriate certificate type.
NOTE: If this is your first license you must choose Temporary License, if this is your second license choose Temporary License 1st Renewal, if this is your 3rd to 5th license – choose Temporary License 2nd to 4th Renewal, if you have completed 3 years of licensed coaching in the sport and have completed all coaching classes, you can apply for your Professional Coaching certificate.
· ADMINISTRATORS AND PUPIL PERSONNEL SERVICES – Choose Administration and Pupil Personnel Services and then certificate needed.
· ADULT EDUCATION SPECIALISTS – Choose “Other School Service” – Adult Education and then certificate needed.
· Complete the application process
· Pay online with credit/debit card